Job Title: Sr. BI Data Warehouse Developer / Architect
Location: Irving, TX
Duration: 12 months
MUST have: SSAS, PACKAGES, MDX, OLAP CUBES – MULTI DIMENSIONING, TSQL
Business Intelligence Developer / Architect with 10 years’ experience modeling, designing and developing end-to-end data warehouse solutions using the Kimball methodology and the Microsoft BI Stack (SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS and SSRS).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Meet with business users to review requirements, propose, design, document and implement solutions.
- Accountable for the full cycle of consulting, design, data modeling, coding, testing and documentation of the company’s data warehouse.
- Translate user requirements into technical architecture vision and implementation plan. Perform hands-on development of solutions; and supports the analysis and discovery processes
- Responsible for providing advanced technical skills and leadership in the design, development, control, and use of business data.
- Model multidimensional data warehouse solution
- Support and train business users on using the solution.
- Participate in code reviews, brown bag sessions and advocate best practices during development.
Experience and skills required:
- Experience in designing and developing complex data warehousing solutions
- Strong MDX programming language experience designing complex calculated measures and KPIs.
- Excellent hands on TSQL programming experience is a must.
- Some SQL Server DBA experience is preferable
- Experience working in Scrum and sprint agile methodologies.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts & technologies such as dimensional modeling, data marts, star schemas, facts and dimensions
- Proven experience with requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment of Microsoft BI Solutions (End-to-End), over multiple technologies, size and scale of projects.
- Advanced knowledge of identifying and documenting business requirements in a business intelligence environment
Skilled in the following areas:
- Using SSIS as an ETL tool to design packages for high performance.
- Can develop SSIS script components and tasks using C# or VB.
- Designing multidimensional cubes in SSAS (creating calculations, actions, security).
- Developing parameterized/hierarchical reports in SSRS using SSAS as a data source.
- Knowledgeable using MDX and T-SQL to query data.
- Experienced with source control systems such as TFS.
- Experienced with using Excel to analyze data.
- Experience with SAP and associated data
|Job Category||Information Technology|