Location: Houston TX
Software development managers are supervisors for a team of software developers working on agile project teams. They are responsible for assisting in the technical strategy and planning as part of the development leadership team and mentoring staff to promote a culture of excellence and leading the team to align with IT and company direction.
- Provide day to day management support for software developers.
- Cultivate a high performing team by building skills through coaching, mentoring and ongoing training and development.
- Select, develop, and evaluate team members to ensure the effectiveness and alignment with current and future goals and initiatives.
- Contribute to architecture, implementation, and support decisions.
- Provide hands-on support to the team when necessary.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to team and personal learning.
- Assist in recruiting and on-boarding of new team members.
- Participate in review meetings to determine status, identify problem areas and suggest corrective actions.
- Assist in high priority escalations.
- Leads team in adopting new processes and tools for improving the team’s execution and overall productivity.
- Mentor developers to utilize best practices on design sessions, unit testing, and code reviews. Ensure that corporate policies related to these initiatives are upheld through the development cycle.
- Keep abreast of industry leading practices, trends, and technologies and assist in planning to use those to drive innovation and improvement.
- Assist in planning strategic initiatives to meet short and long term company goals through software development.
Bachelor’s degree in IT discipline or equivalent work experience
- C#, ASP.NET, and .NET Core / .NET 5 platforms
- Azure DevOps, Git, and MS Visual Studio
- Microservice Architecture
- SQL and MS SQL Server
- RESTful APIs and JSON
- Responsive design and Bootstrap
- Software development lifecycle, Agile/Scrum, and DevOps CI/CD
- Software architecture
- OWASP Top 10 vulnerabilities and mitigations
|Job Category||Information Technology|