Position: Senior Software Engineer
Exp: 10+ years
Must have: Spark,Scala,Micro-services
Note:Deep understanding of Big Data / Analytics technologies like Apache Spark, Kafka, Data Lakes, and running/consuming machine learning models.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Responsible for design and development of high performing micro-service style server applications, REST APIs and distributed processing systems using Spark/Scala.
- Analyzes business/ functional requirements and prepares development project schedule, tasks, and estimates
- Identify and build automated solutions for the acquisition, processing and management of data that would otherwise require manual effort
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale
- Build the API layer to access Machine Learning Models
- Ensures application design, development schedule, and implementation meet or exceed documented application scope/timeline, while adhering to established standards
- Mentor junior development staff in the art of building software systems.
- Bring new ideas in cloud, big data, and machine learning software development
- Leverage industry knowledge and stay close to technology developments in the open-source and cloud communities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Must have experience with Big Data / Analytics technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Python, Scala, R, Machine Learning
- Must have experience exposing Machine Learning Models using REST APIs.
- Must have experience designing and building highly concurrent and high volume REST APIs using Microsoft .Net Core using C#
- Must have experience in addressing concerns with big data management (Governance, Role Based Access Control using LDAP etc.)
- Must have solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, design patterns
- Highly desired knowledge of Azure components like Azure Data Lake Store, SQL Server, HDInsight, Web Jobs, Functions, Key vault, Data Factory is preferred
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB is a big plus
- Experience with caching technologies like Redis is a plus
- Knowledge of React, ExpressJS, Node is a plus
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows
- Outstanding communicator with both business and technology audiences
- Extensive experience working across teams and operating in an Agile Scrum culture
- Experience with continuous delivery and using agile techniques
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership
- Passionate for making things better and driving action
- Desire to understand our businesses and users
- Experience with statistical platforms is a plus, such as R and SAS.
- Experience with other visualization tools is a plus, such as Tableau
|Job Category||Information Technology|