Position: Security lab manager
Location: Remote with 25% of travel & expenses will be paid
Duration: 6+ Months
- Candidates for this position should have at least 7 years of direct relevant network engineering security design/lab engineering or operational experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related technical discipline.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification and relevant Cisco, Splunk, Arcsight, FireEye, A10, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Gigamon, McAfee, Tripwire or other certifications.
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain a Government Security Clearance.
- Experience with structured fiber and copper cabling, cable termination, cable management, and adherence to guidelines for maintaining clean cable runs
- Experience with managing inventory, asset tracking, shipping and receiving records, purchasing information, etc.
- Experience with racking and stacking new equipment and ensuring environmental, electrical, and facility requirements are met
- Extensive experience in fault isolation, repair and resolution, and documenting root cause analysis (RCA) for reported trouble tickets
- Associate level engineering experience across a plethora of vendors and associated technologies which could include: routing, switching, security, WAN optimization, Wi-Fi, and 4G/5G cellular
- Associate level knowledge of public and private cloud, virtualization, orchestration, and managed services
- Experience maintaining lab infrastructure including: user databases, software repositories, network infrastructure, server infrastructure, and associated applications
- The candidate must be self-motivated, have excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work autonomously and in a team environment.
Even Better if You Have:
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or 6+ years of relevant industry work experience
- Experience leading small interorganizational teams toward a common goal
- Experience across a range of industries which could include: Finance, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Public Sector, Small Business, etc.
- Experience in next-generation technologies including: Zero Trust, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Software Defined Networking (SDN), Multi Cloud, and/or Multi-access Edge Compute (MEC), particularly in a Managed Services (MSP) or Telecommunications/Service Provider setting
|Job Category||Information Technology|