Position: Oracle PL/SQL Lead/Architect
Location: Irving, TX
Exp: 10+ years
- Lead the day-to-day activities of assigned SQL developers and DBAs and coordinate with the Java Tech Lead to provide practical database and SQL skills to Java developers. BOTH OFFSHORE AND ONSHORE EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team on refactoring existing SQL queries and on refactoring/migrating PL/SQL procedural logic into Postgres pgSQL and/or into Java logic.
- Provide leadership to DBAs to refactor tables, views, indices and other DB objects to meet project business, technical and performance objectives.
- Analyze technical and business problems, define solution alternatives, and lead the team to design, build and deploy the recommended solutions.
- Understand and refactor complex embedded and generated SQL from Oracle to PostgreSQL together with related schema changes.
- Refactor PL/SQL processes into pgSQL, and provide expertise to Java developers who implement procedural code in the Java tier.
- Define and develop functional changes to queries and processes in response to functional requirement changes and schema changes.
- Develop automation frameworks and tools where necessary to facilitate seamless refactoring.
- Ensure performance is scalable and robust on the target PostgreSQL databases on AWS EC2 and RDS Platforms by applying deep and practical performance tuning skills.
- Bring rigorous attention to quality and standards throughout the project lifecycle, including during code reviews and throughout the unit, load, and performance testing activities.
- Design effective test cases, create test data when necessary, understand and apply automated testing techniques.
- Develop utility database scripts and processes to create data at scale for performance testing.
- Continuously improve skills with Oracle, PostgreSQL, and AWS Cloud Platform.
EDUCATION AND/ OR EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 7+ years of consolidated experience in Software Development or Systems Engineer and out of which at least 7 years of demonstrable experience as an accomplished SQL and PL/SQL developer.
- Must have a very strong Oracle & PostgreSQL background. Knowledge of other RDBMS Platforms such as MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server is desirable.
- Must have strong knowledge of DB performance factors and performance tuning, etc.
- Must have good soft skills such as verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have experience working on AWS Cloud Platform with good domain knowledge on services such as RDS, EC2, S3, EBS, SQS, etc.
SYSTEM / SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must have significant, relevant and specific experience with Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, packages, triggers, functions, procedures, etc., including developing complex routines and queries,
- Candidate must have significant, relevant, and specific experience with ANSI SQL and pgSQL or similar procedural language using PostgreSQL, Aurora, or similar DBMS such as MySQL. Experience with PostgreSQL in a public cloud environment is a plus.
- Experience with Tokenization, Encryption, and/or GeoSpatial techniques and/or services is highly desirable.
- Experience designing, developing, and testing Java-based applications is desired.
- Experience developing, testing, and deploying applications on AWS.
- Experience with GitHub, GitLab, or similar source code repositories. Experience with Jira and Confluence desired.
|Job Category||Information Technology|