Position: Networking Lab Assistant OR Networking Technician
Location: Lowell, MA & Edison, NJ
Duration: 6+ Months
Need to be local and able to go into the lab
Manage and maintain QA Lab environment:
- Resolve and support hardware / Software Lab infrastructure issues,
- Design, install and troubleshoot server , network and device components
- Must have hands-on experience setting up and managing lab networking switches and firewalls such as Arista, Cisco, Vyos,…
- Experience using and scripting on Unix/Linux shell.
- Experience with one or more SDN and Firewall solutions is a plus
- Monitoring and performing on-going maintenance on servers and network equipment.
- Providing IT support to staff and customers, as well as responding to server and network issues.
- Protecting company data by preventing the overheating of data center components.
- Running hardware diagnostics and replacing failing parts in a timely manner.
- Monitoring all network processes to ensure the smooth flow of data across the network.
- Collaborating with software and network engineering teams on security and network efficiency.
- Upgrading internal system components, including CPUs, memory, hard drives, and network cables.
- Documenting processes and keeping event logs.
What would be a plus:
- knowledge and experience using performance testing tools from ixia and/or Spirent
- Knowledge and experience in SDN and SD WAN solutions (eg., Cisco ACI, Viptela, Versa Flex, SilverPeak, Riverbed)
- Firewall/security experience is a plus. Cisco ASA, PAN, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of orchestration, management and virtualization NFV MANO, Openstack, KVM, Docker.
|Job Category||Information Technology|