Position: Master Data Governance Manager
Duration: Long Term
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish and manage an enterprise Data Governance model for the client and its portfolio of companies based on customer, associate, business, and industry inputs
- Establish processes, committees, documentation, data ownership, and ongoing adherence to all data management policies, procedures, and data governance framework
- Lead cross-functional teams and leaders both strategically and tactically and collaborate well vertically and horizontally throughout the organization to lead enterprise level initiatives.
- Establish a clear data governance framework to manage data across the organization with focus on data quality and protection of sensitive data
- Clearly define data stewardship roles and responsibilities across the organization to drive data ownership and accountability of critical data assets
- Establish a data governance committee and define data governance roles, accountability, ownership, and decision rights
- Maintain standard data definitions based on consensus from all key data stakeholders and lead resolution of data definition conflicts via governance framework
- Provide timely, relevant, accurate and concise communication to leaders and cross functional groups on data management activities
- Collaborate with IT to ensure best practices are followed and evolve to stay current for data capture, translation/manipulation, data security and overall management of data
- Clearly define escalation paths and processes for resolving data issues
- Apply data governance framework to MDM processes for various data domains
- Coordinate with data stewards to understand, document and adhere to data usage policies
- Lead the Data Governance Advisory Board meetings, establish agendas, manage follow ups and next steps
- Work in conjunction with Executive Leadership and liaise with multiple business and support teams across the enterprise on complex data governance projects
- Facilitate bi-directional communication with key leadership on strategies, priorities and issues tied to data management
- Ensure data management practices comply with all regulatory requirements, contractual obligations, and applicable standards and regulations
- Establish a data governance roadmap including strategic priorities
- Standardize data naming, create consistent data definitions, monitor/audit the data quality and execute cleansing and policy agreements.
- Focus on business benefits, foster data re-use, create and uphold governance agreements and articulate the strategic significance of information to the organization
- High levels of visibility and responsibility ensuring master data is clean and trusted.
- Monitor all newly created / updated master data records for accuracy and completeness.
- Be the “Gatekeeper” in maintaining consistency, uniformity and accuracy of all systems master data.
- Run designated reports that will support analytics, data accuracy, metrics, reporting, etc.
- Continuously improve Data Governance policies to address both identified and potential future organizational requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Data Management, or Information Technology; OR alternate Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience with Data Governance/management/
standardization tools or Third Parties
- Experience working with one or more, third party MDM tools
- Solid technical aptitude with an ability to understand modern data management practices and toolsets
- Excellent communications skills, both written and spoken, as well as being able to present technical data concepts to a non-technical audience
- Ability to engage resources outside of direct-control to achieve objectives
- Advanced level of proficiency with various software including Excel, Visio, Project, PowerPoint etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a data governance or data management leadership role
- Hands-on experience in SQL development
- Demonstrate solid interpersonal skills and a comfort interacting with leaders at all corporate levels
- Demonstrate self-directed and self-driven initiative and the ability to work autonomously or with broad guidelines
- Ability to work well under pressure with flexibility to manage multiple demands, tight deadlines, shifting priorities, competing priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Ability to settle disputes, resolve conflicts and negotiate with leaders at all corporate levels
|Job Category||Information Technology|